Moolenaar sources, designs and exports horticulture and floriculture products directly to top international retailers, located all over the world. Moolenaar’s success as a horticultural enterprise since 1850 is a testimony to the fact we continue to raise the bar in quality, to always strive for excellence, and to keep looking ahead. Our custom design, service and expertise in the flower bulb industry help us to create bespoke Own Brand products for many of the top retailers worldwide. As a market leader, it is our business to know all there is about the marketplace and its trends. We constantly conduct market research, which in turn enables us to accurately anticipate consumer’s needs.
The business controller is responsible for the overall financial management and control. The controller is reporting directly to the CEO and is the key financial source for the company’s management teams and shareholders. Performing analysis, insights and creating dashboards, the controller enables the management of the company. She/he takes the lead in strategic financial issues, in financial planning, coordinate across teams and monitors and forecast the financial situation of the company. The controller is also the key interface to financial relations, tax authorities and accountant. The controller monitors the execution of plans, sales, and initiates actions where required. She/he is leading and coaching a team of three FTE’s within accounting and has the ambition to grow further into a CFO role overseeing the calculation team, business analysis and ICT.
- Budgets and forecasts. Coordinate and consolidate sales budgets per season and per book year. Creates forecasts and latest estimates and communicate it to the management teams.
- Management controlling. Support the directors and management teams in achieving the growth targets, setting up relevant KPI’s and associated dashboards.
- Internal and external reporting. Writes the monthly financial report and distribute to stakeholders. Consolidate the annual report and facilitate the accountant reviews.
- Organization and team development. Ensure an efficient accounting team, utilizing automation to implement efficiency gains in the accounting and controlling process.
- Manage and monitor the company cashflow. Utilize financial instruments to hedge exposure to dollars and pounds, plan and perform transactions across company accounts.
- Lead a data driven transition. Utilize existing ERP system and external data sources to generate information, insights and knowledge of financial impact across the organization.
Master’s degree in business economics / Administration or similar.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role or within a larger accounting / consulting office.
- Fluent within Dutch and English as well as strong presentation and communication skills.
- Outstanding administration and IT skills with the ability to review and improve systems and processes with an emphasis on efficiency and waste reduction.
- A business professional with experience in dealing with and influencing senior leadership teams.
- Aspiration to join the senior management in developing and realizing the strategy of the company.
- Ambitious and an energetic ‘Can do’ attitude.
What we offer
Moolenaar offers an interesting opportunity to contribute to the growth strategy and strong ambitions of an international and innovative “niche-player” with an open and entrepreneurial culture. A professional environment where taking initiative and creativity are highly appreciated. We offer a Competitive remuneration package including variable pay.
You can send your application to
Loosterweg 33, 2215 TM Voorhout, The Netherlands
For information please contact Margorie Koswal: T +31 (0)252 242526,
*Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated