Moolenaar sources, designs and exports horticulture and floriculture products directly to top international retailers, located all over the world. Moolenaar’s success as a horticultural enterprise since 1850 is a testimony to the fact we continue to raise the bar in quality, to always strive for excellence, and to keep looking ahead. Our custom design, service and expertise in the horti industry help us to create bespoke Private Label products for many of the top retailers worldwide. As a market leader, it is our business to know all there is about the marketplace, its trends as well as international trading standards, country specific requirements and associated supply chain management. We are growing and therefore looking for a new colleague to join our company in the position of:
Supply Chain Manager
We are looking for a Supply Chain Manager with a hands-on mentality to be responsible for our supply chain team. The function encompasses production planning, transport and export, external storage management, inventory management and overall supply chain monitoring. The manager is part of the management team and will manage a total of 7 FTE’s.
• You are part of the operational management team
• Together with the relevant stakeholders, develop the supply chain strategy for the company
• Setup reporting on key performance indicators and report within team and management team. Carry out improvement projects where required.
• Analyze and optimize the production planning-, purchasing-, logistics- and export- processes.
• Setup and manage mid- and short-term planning for production and purchasing
• Plan, monitor and manage inventory locally and in the UK.
• Stay up to date on (changes within) country specific export/import regulation and their impact on our supply chain, with special focus on UK.
• Maintain relations with our customers supply chain responsible, maintain overview of their specific requirements / handbooks and translate those to our warehouse and transport teams.
• Manage and arrange the chain from customer orders to individual truck orders with the relevant labels, pallets, and papers according to customer and country specific requirements.
• Maintain relations with transport suppliers, storage suppliers, customs, and custom agents. Company
• Ensure smooth and automated data exchange with external stakeholders (transport, agents, customers, CBS and foreign customs).
• Negotiate and monitor cost of transport, logistic suppliers, agents and manage the financial process of purchase order and invoice approval.
• Perform daily management of the teams, their priorities and support potential issue solving
• Manage the export team and participate in daily export activities during peak periods
• Align changes and challenges with the sales teams and support the internal sales team in their customer service handling.
• Bachelor or master (HBO/WO) within supply chain / logistics or similar
• 5-10 years’ experience within supply chain and export is a must
• Affinity with ERP systems, KPI reporting and Microsoft office
• Experience with LEAN, change management, digitalization and FMCG is a plus
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, fluent in Dutch and English is a must.
• You like the challenge of serving large international retailers and take pride in managing the process ensuring the right products are at the right location and the right time with the right paperwork.
• You take pride in correct and complete administration
• You have a can-do attitude and are naturally thinking in solutions
• You are organized, able to think in processes and critically analyze and optimize them
• You can coach and develop colleagues
• You are interested in international trade, the challenges and opportunities it brings.
What we offer
Moolenaar offers a fulltime, challenging position with personal development opportunities where you will contribute to the growth strategy of the category. A professional environment where taking initiative is highly appreciated. We offer a competitive salary including good secondary employment conditions.
* Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated