Moolenaar sources, designs and exports horticulture and floriculture products directly to top international retailers, located all over the world. Moolenaar’s success as a horticultural enterprise since 1850 is a testimony to the fact we continue to raise the bar in quality, to always strive for excellence, and to keep looking ahead. Our custom design service and expertise in the flower bulb industry help us to create bespoke Own Brand products for many of the top retailers worldwide. As a market leader, it is our business to know all there is about the marketplace and its trends. We constantly conduct market research, which in turn enables us to accurately anticipate consumer’s needs.
“ Sales is not about selling
anymore, but about building
trust and educating
Senior Sales Manager Europe – 40 uur
Moolenaar BV – Voorhout
Are you able to provide leadership to achieve and drive the European strategy, growth, and profit objectives? Working closely with regional and global functional organizations you successfully implement strategic initiatives and lead and/or participate in strategy deployment teams (SDP).
Lead the company’s sales growth and customer relationship strategies for the European Market
- Main responsibility is to strengthen Moolenaar’s market position with European Accounts.
- Responsible for selling products and services to (key)customers by anticipating on their needs and building a long-term relationship with them.
- Lead the European Sales & Marketing department. Development and implementation of annual Sales & Marketing plan and account plans. Coach, appraise and develop employees.
- Lead the identification and development of opportunities with accounts. Development and implementation of annual customer strategy plans.
- Provide commercial direction to R&D and establish teamwork and communication between Moolenaar and the customer.
- Lead Marketing & Communication. Provide information to the Management team by collecting, analyzing and summarizing market information, competitive intelligence and (emerging product) trends.
- Participate in strategic annual and long-term planning.
- Member of Management Team and provide counsel / advice to the CCO and CEO.
Structured leader with strong customer focus and business sense
- Preferably BSc. or MSc., International Agribusiness & Trade, Economics, Business Administration or related B2B industry complemented with training/courses in leadership and/or sales and/or marketing management. MBA is preferred.
- 10 or more years of progressive, professional level industry experience, including a minimum of 3 years in a management/leadership position and previous experience in the food/feed industry.
- Ability to read and analyze corporate finance and financial documents; understands business process. Strong knowledge of business, product, marketing and sales principles, and overall financial awareness.
- Experience with Supply Chain and Operations projects and activities is a plus.
- Fluent in Dutch and English is required and proficiency in other additional languages would be preferred.
- Desire for international and domestic travel, up to 30%.
- Strong commercial leadership skills.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- International scope, ability to work with different cultures.
- Analytical and strategic thinking and selling skills.
- Accurate and structured.
- Results orientated with ability to proactively address customer opportunities.
- Excellent leadership, teamwork building and people management skills (lead by example).
- Autonomous team player.
Place of employment
Moolenaar offers an interesting opportunity to contribute to the growth strategy and strong ambitions of an international and innovative “niche-player” with an open and entrepreneurial culture. A professional environment where taking initiative and creativity are highly appreciated. We offer a Competitive remuneration package including variable pay.
You can send your application to
*Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated